Penetrate calculates WEP/WPA keys for some wireless routers.
Also available: Penetrate Pro, contains no ads, some more features and sponsors further development.
The following wifi routers are supported:
- Thomson-based routers*: Thomson, Infinitum, BBox, DMax, Orange, SpeedTouch, BigPond, O2Wireless, Otenet
- Pirelli Discus
- Verizon FiOS (only some routers)
* Reversing Thomson routers requires a dictionary file, the app instructs you on how to set it up. Penetrate Pro users can use 3G to get the password instead of using dictionaries.
Disclaimer: Penetrate is not a wireless cracking or hacking tool like aircrack. It does, however, give you keys which are useful for penetration testing. Use only with permission from network owners.
NOTE: The list above clearly states which routers are supported. Please do not rate low just because it does not support the one you want, this will not motivate me to add it, on the contrary.
If you have problems or further questions, please e-mail me instead of giving bad rates since developers cannot reply to market comments and your feedback will help me improve the application.
WARNING: some antivirus apps for android may signal this as a virus because it is a security-related tool. You should complain to them since their diagnostic is bogus, Penetrate can in no way affect the regular function of your phone.
- Increased the reliability of 3G lookup.
- Manual lookup is now much easier
- Updated wifi icons
- Misc bugfixes